So this is it. I've finally started this blog, after creating the page months ago. And the first thing I did was dangle a participle.
That's okay, I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it. Maybe that will make you more comfortable reading it. The blog being it. Enough of that.
I don't have any cool kid stories. I'm not a cool kid nor do I have any. I'm not fashionable enough to show style and my craft creations are slight variations of what I find on Pinterest. Being single my dinners usually consist of the quickest meals, which if I have something to do that night could possibly be cereal. I don't take pictures of people very often, mostly just landscapes or old stuff. I'm not in primary anymore so I don't have neat examples of lessons, and in young women's sometimes I feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water.
You may be wondering then why I decided to write a blog. Well, for a different form of journaling I suppose, but I've invited the general public to read this part of my life because there are some things I can offer a bit of a different perspective on.
So if this were AA, and since we all need some kind of recovery at some point in our lives, I'm going to pretend like it is, I would introduce myself in this fashion:
My name is Rebecca, and I'm a single Mormon.
But that's not what this blog is about. It's just part of who I am, and it will creep up now and then. I do have a myriad of thoughts on the topic but I'm not sure I'd have any married mom friends at church anymore if I wrote an entire post on the subject, but you will see it mentioned.
In fact there are several things that may be helpful for you to know about me:
I'm a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (type that five times fast, I'm pretty sure I misspell it all the time on my letters to my clients) which means that I help people with disabilities find work.
My specialty is in Serious Mental Illness and Intellectual Disabilities. I'm very passionate about mental health and respect for those who have mental health issues.
I love Music and have had a calling in some music role pretty much since I was 12 years old, with a few months of break in between where I was still doing something music related.
I play the piano and try to sing.
I have severe anxiety, and I have depression. I take medications that help but have some annoying side affects.
My bachelor's is in History with a minor in Appalachian studies. I love the mountains and would rather be in Southwest Virginia than anywhere else on earth.
I got my master's from West Virginia University and my bachelor's from Virginia Tech and I love both schools, but I will always be a Hokie. In addition to coming from a Hokie family, I was at Virginia Tech during the April 16 massacre, which has strengthened my connection to VT even more.
I love sports, especially college football and NASCAR, along with baseball, college basketball, and soccer.
I'm very involved politically and follow current events closely.
I have a cat that thinks he is a dog. He fetches, loves water, and likes to snuggle.
I come from a big family with 6 kids, 5 living.
And last but but most importantly, I have a testimony of Jesus Christ, I know that he lives, and my religion and my spirituality are the most important thing in my life.
I am so happy you've started a blog. Love you, and cant wait to read more!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading more:)
ReplyDelete