“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”
-Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

All Gave Some, and Some Gave All

On this Veteran's Day I'd like to express my gratitude for all of the veterans who have served and who continue to serve.

Though both my grandfathers served briefly (Army and Marines) I was raised to remember and respect all service members.

Even though it's more along the lines of Memorial Day, I think it's important to recognize the service of all those who have fought and died for a cause they believed was right and protected and advanced our country to give us all the freedoms we have today.

I'm also thankful that I went to a university that has one of the largest corps of cadets, and recognizes the service of its students and alumni.

The picture below is of half the pylons, which sit around a monument essentially in the middle of campus, over top of the War Memorial Chapel.



In the center of the pylons is a memorial for Virginia Tech Medal of Honor recipients.



No comments:

Post a Comment