I'm glad I decided to challenge myself and that I'm competitive enough to want to WIN (against myself?) because I didn't really feel like posting.
Recent events and changes at work have put my office into a weird place and its been a challenge to come home in a good head space. I enjoy my job and the majority of my clients but I have an emotionally draining caseload and any added stress (to the normal high level of stress that comes with my position) can send me over the top.
Today, and everyday, I am grateful for so many my co-workers. I'm grateful for the people I've been able to work under and the support staff that have been so....supportive (seriously I couldn't think of a better way to say that).
I feel so fortunate to work in an environment where everyone is seen as an equal, where we do our best to work as a team. I'm thankful for a cohesive unit where we mostly lift up instead of tear down, and are silly enough to make the time go quicker and the hard days bearable.
I am grateful for the many co-workers, past and present (and given the number of current vacancies hopefully future!) who take the time to listen when I need to vent, give sound advice, and remember the little things I would never expect.
It's not all kumbaya and sunshine and rainbows, but honestly that would be annoying. Because life can be hard. Our jobs are often hard. But they're a whole lot better when there's good people around.
No comments:
Post a Comment