“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”
-Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Home Sweet Home

When I bought my first financed car I had nightmares that people crashed into it, as I had to park in the road.  I learned what it meant to have buyer's remorse.

For years I lived in apartments where I could hear everything. I lived next to neighbors who thought they needed to create a club environment in their home. I hauled furniture up flights of stairs and down sidewalks. I moved 9 times in 10 years.

I decided to purchase a house last year for a myriad of reasons, and after months of searching I made the next major adult step in my life. A single friend of mine told me it was hard for her to sign the papers on her own, and I'm grateful that for once in my life that didn't bother me.

I can honestly say, 1 year and 3 days after moving into my own house, I have never had one episode of buyers remorse. Not even a twinge when I received a $600 power bill. Sure I was devastated and pissed, but I didn't regret becoming a homeowner.

Today I want to share my gratitude for my house and the opportunity I have to live here.  More often than not a swell of pride comes over me as I pull in the drive and unlock the front door. I feel a sense of accomplishment and safety.

I realize that I have an incredible blessing that many don't have and may never have and I'm thankful for the shelter, the warmth, the protection, and the peace my home provides.


No comments:

Post a Comment