“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”
-Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Come Ye Thankful People

Lite 98 started playing Christmas music this week. I love Christmas music but their playlist is lame and repetitive. Thankfully 100.9 is proving to be a good alternative to the clear channel station.

But I digress (happens a lot).  It's too early for radio Christmas. I won't lie, I've already started to listen to some Christmas CDs on occasion, but I like to take my holidays one at a time.

I'm grateful for a season where we can stop and look at our bountious blessings. I'm grateful for the settlers of Jamestown for stopping to be appreciative for what they had (even though they did a poor job of repaying the locals who helped them survive). Learn your history America, and stop calling the pilgrims thanksgiving the first one.

That being said I'm thankful that I was a history major and got the opportunity to see what REALLY happened instead of what the media tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment