“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”
-Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Friday, November 6, 2015

We Are Family

The older I get the more I look forward to Thanksgiving. Sure, the food is great and football is fun, but as my siblings move away it's exciting to get back together as a family.

My sisters came home this weekend and its a brief preview of the upcoming holiday season.  I'm thankful for being part of a big family and for the relationships we maintain.  I'm grateful that for the second year in a row my immediate family will be completely reunited for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.


In institute last night Sister Sue Miller asked us what our profile picture was on Facebook, and encouraged us to ponder if that picture represented where our heart lies.  Now, my picture is designed to either look creepy or show my 2 year old brother photo bombing my 4 year old self. But regardless my heart is often turned to family,  and I'm glad I live close enough to most of them so we can continue to create strong memories and photos where we all look at different cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment