“When late morning rolls around and you're feeling a bit out of sorts, don't worry; you're probably just a little eleven o'clockish.”
-Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)

Saturday, November 7, 2015

There's more to life than football

I'm grateful I watched hardly any college football today.

If you know me well, I promise I'm okay, you don't have to come check on me.
And no, it's not just because the Hokies had a bye, although I would be lying if I said that didn't have anything to do with it.

Regardless, today I'm thankful that I convinced myself it was okay to skip the pivotal games and go out. I missed some crazy finishes but I had a good time and I don't regret anything.

Several years ago I worked Saturdays for a historic site and I couldn't watch any of the day games. I was miserable. So I'm glad that I know I can miss watching the Mountaineers win, miss watching national contenders lose, and not feel like I'm completely missing out.

For those of you who don't experience anxiety, guilt and regret often rule my thoughts. And my cell phone died while I was standing around not doing much so I couldn't even check scores this afternoon while I was waiting on other people. Yet I remained calm and went about my day. Progress, people.

I'm thankful that the Lord helps me shift my focus when I need too, and reminds me I can have more than one good thing going on at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment